|Fund name||Asset Class||License|
|West Bengal MSME VC Fund (WB Fund)||Early stage (MSME)||SEBI AIF Cat 1|
About the AMC
- WB Fund is a close ended fund with a life of 6 years established in November 2015.
- The contributors are Government of West Bengal, Department of MSME & Textiles; SIDBI and LIC.
Investment Philosophy (for firm)
- The WB Fund’s investment focus is to invest in start-ups, emerging or early growth stage investments in West Bengal MSMEs both manufacturing and services.
- The Fund is sector agnostic, however, preference will be given to MSMEs promoted by women entrepreneurs. Each investment will be limited to `9 crore.
- Capacloud Trading Pvt Ltd- The company’s product is green wall / vertical garden. The company provides end to end solutions such as design, execution and after sales services. Fund commited INR3 cr.
- Megaa Moda Pvt Ltd- The company is in advance level of talks with a Kolkata based leading business group for future orders. Funds committed – INR8.55 cr.
- Truckhall Pvt Ltd- The company provides online solutions for booking of cargo. Its web and mobile app based platform fulfills full truck load requirements by aggregating vehicle suppliers and procuring price quotes from suppliers. The IC in its 7th meeting held on September 25,2017 gave the final approval. Due diligence is in progress.Fund commited – INR 9 cr
- Mama Mia Foods Pvt Ltd- The company is based out of Kolkata and is engaged in manufacture and sale of gelato/ sorbets/ gelato cakes. The IC in its 7th meeting held on September 25, 2017 gave the final approval. Due diligence is in progress Funds committed – INR 5cr.