|Fund name||Asset Class||License|
|Chiratae Ventures India Fund IV||Seed, early & expansion stage||SEBI AIF Cat 1|
About the AMC
- Chiratae Ventures previously known as IDG Ventures is a Bangalore based company.
- ‘Chiratae’ – denotes leopard. According to them, many members of their team are wildlife enthusiasts and nature lovers. Not only does Chiratae signify their team and their interests, but Chiratae is an emotion that signifies leadership, agility, strength and the nurturer of the ecosystem.
- It has Ratan Tata, Kris Gopalakrishnan, Manish Choksi & Bruno Raschle on its global advisory board.
- It has $750 million AUM.
- Sudhir Sethi (Founder & Chairman)- Since 1998 Sudhir and his team have advised on investments into 100+ firms across deep-tech, digital consumer, enterprise software, fintech and healthcare sectors. Key investments include Flipkart, FirstCry, Lenskart, Policy Bazaar, Curefit, Manthan, Newgen, Nestaway, Agrostar, Emotix, Uniphore and PlaySimple amongst others. He has been named among the top ten IT professionals by Dataquest and Bloomberg UTV as ‘’Visionary Venture Capitalist” in 2011.
- TCM Sundaram (Founder & MD)- Mr. TC Meenakshisundaram (TCM) has over 35 years of industry experience, including 16 years of venture experience. Serves on the boards of Lenskart, Agrostar, Vayana and e-Shakti. Prior to Chiratae Ventures, TCM served as Chief Financial Officer and President – Corporate Services at Venture Infotek, a payments processing company in India. He is a Chartered Accountant by qualification.
Investment Philosophy (for firm)
Focused on investing in the consumer, software, fin-tech & health-tech companies.
Title: Chiratae Ventures launch, Source: YouTube, Date: 09 October 2018
The founders of the company talk about the VC scenario in India and how the number of start-ups is rapidly growing. They also talk about the company’s foundation and some big names being on the advisory board.
Title: About fund IV, Source: Inc42, Date: 12 September 2019
Title: IFC invests in the fund, Source: YourStory, Date: 05 September 2019
Title: About fund IV, Economic Times, 18th September 2019
- Why’s the fund IV a combination of two funds? What was the idea behind it as both are domiciled in two different countries?
- Could you tell us in detail about your investment philosophy and why does the firm cater specifically to these four sectors?
- Who are the investors in Fund IV?