- Validus Wealth Advisors (India) Private Limited founded by Atul Singh, incorporated on 13 February 2018 as WGC Wealth.
- LGT, private banking and asset management group owned by the Princely Family of Liechtenstein, acquired a controlling stake in Validus Wealth.
- Presence across 9 cities in India.
- Total employees: 175 (2020), Relationship managers/ advisers: 75 (2019, Asian Private Banker), Assets under management: USD 600 million (2019, Asian Private Banker)
- What segment they serve – Indian UHNW and HNW family and individuals.
- Licenses – Portfolio Manager Service, MFD, Investment advisory services.
Atul Singh, Founder & CEO – holds an MBA from IIM Bangalore and a degree in Electrical Engineering from the Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi, and has two decades of experience in the wealth management industry. Linkedin
Rajesh Cheruvu, CIO – He holds a master’s in economics from Gitam University and an MBA from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University. He has 21 years of experience in the finance industry. Linkedin
Parag Kashliwal-Anchoring Product & Advisory / Solutions – He is a rank holder in Chartered Accountancy (CA) and Company Secretary (CS). He is also a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and Level 2 Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA). He has 18+ years of experience in investment/wealth management. Linkedin
- Managing Financial Life
- Offshore Solutions
- Wealth, Tax and Succession Planning
- Liquidity Solutions
- Real Estate Advisory
- Family office services
Investment philosophy (for firm)
Atul Singh on how Validus Wealth is Evolving into a Top Tier Indian Wealth Management Firm, Hubbis,Jan 2021
Atul Singh is the Founder & Chief Executive Officer at Validus Wealth, India. He is building the next generation wealth management firm that holistically addresses the financial needs of wealthy Indian investors, spanning from the UHNW segment to the emerging HNW market. Singh has been successfully building a team that now totals more than 175 people, of whom over 75 are today client-facing bankers, and AUM of more than USD600 million amongst some 1500 wealthy Indian families. He has a vision of As India’s economy is set to resume its growth trajectory once the pandemic is under control – hopefully – India’s growing ranks of wealthy private clients will be seeking more investment products and more advice, either traditionally through advisors or digitally as digital transformation rolls out across the nation. Validus Wealth is remarkably well placed to tap into both these seams of AUM, as Singh and colleagues have adopted the hybrid approach from the outset.
MMI interview with CIO and head of products & services, May 2021
Summary to be done
Liechtenstein’s LGT buys majority stake in WGC Wealth,Economics times,Jun 28, 2019
WGC Wealth, the erstwhile wealth management arm of the debt-laden DHFL group, has been taken over by LGT, a private banking and asset management group owned by the princely family of Liechtenstein.The company will be renamed as Validus Wealth after this buyout with employees holding some minority stake in the company.
- What is your value proposition in the provision of wealth management solutions to clients? Does this change with time and economic fluctuations?
- How do you modify your investment strategy to cater to different clients?
Prepared by – Yash Chhabra, February