|Fund name||Asset Class||License|
|Orios Select Fund I||Early stage||SEBI AIF Cat 1|
|Orios Venture Partners Fund||Early stage||SEBI AIF Cat 1|
|Orios Venture Partners Fund I||Early stage||SEBI AIF Cat 1|
About the AMC
- Orios Venture Partners is an early stage VC firm.
- Their team consists of a mix of entrepreneurs and those with consumer operating experience to help early companies in scaling up operations, hiring, marketing and building a brand story.
- They have been venture investing since 2008, first as private investors and then as Orios from 2013.
- They are part of two unicorns and several other investee companies.
- Some of their investments include, PharmEasy, Zostel, Country Delight, Boonbox, Moneyonclick, Pretty Secrets, Go Mechanic and Intelligence Node.
- They’ve had two exits – Sapience exited to Credit Suisse and Pipemonk acquired by Freshwork.
- They run a program named #Misfits that invests $50k to $1.5 mn in founders.
- Some of the eminent mentors of this program are, K Ganesh (BigBasket), Deep Kalra (MakeMyTrip) and Anupam Mittal (Shaadi.com) amongst several others.
- Rehan Yar Khan (Managing Partner)- Rehan has been an entrepreneur since 1992 and has built 3 companies. He leads investments in consumer Tech. At his last company Flora2000, which he founded in 2004, he gained insights into digital marketing and complex operations. He brings his 25+ years of experience to his investments. Also, he is the founder of the Indian Angel Network’s Mumbai Chapter, co-founder of Harvard Angels India, a TiE charter member and on the executive council of Indian Venture Capital Association (IVCA).
Investment Philosophy (for firm)
- Focused on the tech opportunities in India.
- They look to back innovators that have ideas and the potential to disrupt the traditional ecosystem or the path less travelled.
- They invest in startups that are B2B, B2C, in the software space and hold the investments long term for 10-15 years.
Title: News & Press, Orios Venture Partners
Interesting articles and interviews on their official website.
Title: Rajeev Suri as the Managing Partner, Source: VCCircle, Date: 03 September 2019
Title: Orios MD on missing good investment bets, Source: TOI, Date: 23 December 2019
Title: Orios Private Equity (Fund II), Palico
Title: Orios on founders’ expectations, Source: Business Today, Date: 27 September 2019
- Why is there no mention of the funds by Orios on the website? What’s the size of these funds?
- In one of the interviews by Orios it was stated that founders of startups expect more than just funding, in what way does Orios add value apart from investing capital?
- Is #Misfit the only way a startup willing to associate with Orios gets mentored or are there any other direct ways?
- Where do you see Orios VP in the next five years?