Customising trusts in India
Abhijit Joshi of AZB & Partners discusses the different trust structures in India, investing abroad, trustee firms and how the Indian Trust Act is different.
1. What are the most common forms of trusts that Indian promoters ask for, or that get set up generally? (1:52)
2. If a client wants to invest overseas, what are the most common structures or approaches? (1:15)
3. What is your advice to private bankers? How should they raise the topic of wealth planning with their clients? (1:53)
4. What is your opinion on trustees? Do you prefer independently-owned trustees compared with bank-owned trusts? (0:48)
5. How is the Indian Trust Act different from its equivalent other jurisdictions? (1:08)