|Fund name||Asset Class||License|
|Athena India Rising Fund||Long Only||SEBI AIF Cat 3|
About the AMC
- Athena Investment Management Pvt Ltd. was established in 2009 by Nilesh Borana. He started it with an aim of delivering quality services to HNIs, corporates, endowment funds and institutional investors. The company focuses on the small and mid-cap Indian equities.
- Key staff :
Nilesh Borana – He is the driving force behind the company and incorporated it after having worked at Deloitte and Standard Chartered Capital Markets for over 4 years collectively. He is a Chartered Accountant who later went to the National University of Singapore to pursue an MBA in Finance. Athena, according to a list found on Economics Times has Board Members & Directors, Rakesh Arora, Abhishek Manocha, Prashant Pundrik and Lalit Wadhwa.
Investment Philosophy (for firm)
- Company Overview, Insta financials,
Basic details of the company
Names of the partners other than the Founder
- Basic Information, ET
- Mr. Nilesh Borana, Can you give a detailed brief about what the company does primarily and specifically about the fund?
- Your profile on LinkedIn states that Athena follows the LONG ONLY approach; can you elaborate a bit on the strategy used and the philosophy that’s followed?
- Why is there no active website for the company and where can an analyst or anyone who wants more information can access it from?
- What is the fund size and what are the strategies that were first formulated for the same considering that it was started not long ago in 2016? Have there been any tactical deviations from the strategies that were formulated originally?
Prepared by – Shivani Kadam
Date – 7th May 2020.
Peer reviewed by – Taniya Nagpal
Date- 7th May 2020.